This air fryer steak tips recipe is one of our most popular recipes. It’s definitely game changer for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
EASY RECIPE FOR AIR FRIED STEAK TIPS
You’ll devour these steak tips so quick and you’ll probably make them more often. If you don’t want to add potatoes, you can add mushrooms, asparagus or what ever veggies you like. If it’s carrots or firm veggies, make sure to par-boil them a bit first so that the steak bites and veggies cook at the same time. Another option is cook the steak tips first and while they rest, cook the veggies after.
WHAT TEMPERATURE TO AIR FRY STEAK TIPS?
- First, preheat the air fryer first and the hot temperature will give the steaks steak tips a great sear! Air Fryer temperatures will vary slightly on each model. But consistency after testing on 6 different air fryers, we like to cook the steaks at 400°F/205°C.
- Like your steak tips medium rare? The hot temperature will give you that perfect outside crust and medium rare center.
- If you like your air fryer steak bites to be medium or more cooked, no problem!
- Air fry the steak bites for a few more minutes. After cooking your first steak bites in the air fryer on your specific air fryer model, you’ll know what exact time is best for you.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- 1/2 lb. (227 g) potatoes , cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 lb. (454 g) steaks , cut into 1/2” pieces & patted dry
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , melted (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Minced parsley , garnish
- Melted butter for finishing , optional
- Chili Flakes , for finishing, optional
If cooking potatoes, par boil the cut potatoes for about 5 minutes, or until nearly tender. Drain the potatoes.
In bowl, combine the steak tips and potatoes. Toss together with the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes. This will give the steak a good sear.
Spread the steak and potatoes in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for 10-18 minutes, shaking and flipping and the steak and potatoes 2 times through cooking process (time depends on your preferred doneness, thickness of the steak, and size of air fryer).
Check the steak to see how well done it is cooked. If you want the steak more done, add an extra 2-5 minutes of cooking time.
(optional) Garnish with parsley, optional melted butter drizzled on, and/or optional chili flakes. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Serve warm.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Preheating the Air Fryer is preferable, it creates a better sear on the steak. If you don’t preheat, add more time to the cooking.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.