HOW TO MAKE MUMMY HOT DOGS IN AIR FRYER
Super easy and quick, these are going to be a favorite every year. Here’s some tips to consider when making these yummy hot dogs wrapped in strips of crescent dough.
- The crescent dough comes in many styles. Two main ones we see at the market are regular “Crescent” which are the triangle pre-cut dough and the “Crescent Sheets”. They both work. If you’re using the regular crescent dough which is triangle shaped, you’ll have some short and long pieces as you cut. So if needed, you will probably be using several smaller strips instead of one long strip. The Crescent Sheets allows you to cut all the strips “mummy bandages” in equal size and length.
- Hot dogs vary so much in size and number. Some packages have 8 hot dogs while other brands have only 6. And some hot dogs are longer bun length, while others or shorter. Some are even much thicker. So you might have some extra dough at the end. You can roll up the extra dough into crescent shapes and air fry them to look like these air fried crescent rolls.
- We prefer to use regular ketchup and mustard for the eyes. You can use candied eye balls if you want too.
- More recipe and air fry details are in the recipe box below.
- 8 oz. (227 g) refrigerated crescent dough or crescent dough sheets , see headnote
- 8 hot dogs
- ketchup or hot sauce
- oil spray
Pat the hot dogs dry (helps keep the dough from slipping around while rolling). Wrap a couple pieces of dough around each hot dog to look like bandages. Criss-cross them occasionally and make sure to leave a separation of the bandages on one end for the face. Stretch the dough if needed. Word of Caution: Don't wrap too many layers on top of each other or else the underlying ones may not cook all the way. Repeat for the remaining dough and hot dogs.
Lightly spray the ends of the wrapped hot dogs with oil spray. Spray the air fryer basket with oil spray. Lay the wrapped hot dogs face-side up in the air fryer basket or tray, making sure the mummies aren't touching (cook in batches if needed).
Air Fry at 330°F (166°C) for 6 minutes. Gently wiggle to loosen from the baskets. Air Fry at 330°F (166°C) for another 1-3 minutes or until crescent dough is golden, and cooked through.
Dot the face with mustard and ketchup (or hot sauce) for the eyes and any other desired facial features. Enjoy!