EASY AIR FRYER MUSHROOMS RECIPE
Garlic mushrooms are a great way to get mushroom haters into mushroom lovers.
HOW TO COOK MUSHROOMS IN AIR FRYER
- Choose whatever fresh mushrooms you like. Most people tend to use button mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, portabella mushrooms, or oyster mushrooms. Cut them into bite sized pieces, usually halves or quarters. For larger mushrooms like portabellas, you might need to cut them up more.
- Lightly oil the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to air fryer basket.
- Air fry then shake and toss half way through cooking time.
- Finish air frying after shaking and enjoy the garlic mushrooms!
CAN YOU USE CANNED MUSHROOMS?
No. We don’t recommend air frying canned mushrooms for this recipe instead of fresh mushrooms. The canned mushrooms have too much liquid are already softened, so they will come out mushy when cooked in this recipe.
- 8 oz. (227 g) mushrooms , washed and dried
- 1-2 Tablespoons (15-30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire or soy sauce
- Kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- lemon wedges (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) chopped parsley
- Cut mushrooms in half or quarters (depending on preferred size). Add to bowl then toss with oil, garlic powder, Worcestershire/soy sauce, salt and pepper
- Air fry at 380°F for 10-12 minutes, tossing and shaking half way through.
- Squeeze lemon and top with chopped parsley.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If doubling the recipe and cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated. Recipe timing is written based on not preheating the Air Fryer.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.