I was so excited to try this air fryer squash and it didn’t even need breading! Roasted squash is so delicious all on its own! It’s delicious with a little butter and sea salt – but I also loved the spiciness of the mixture I sprinkled on top.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds scooped, and cubed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley, optional, for garnish
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 6 cups loose-packed baby spinach
- Champagne Vinaigrette dressing
- 2 ounces goat cheese, torn into smaller pieces
- 3 Tbsp pecans, diced
- 1/4 cup craisins
- Place the squash cubes in the air fryer and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Roast 15 minutes at 400°F or until golden brown around the edges in the air fryer
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne. Set aside.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven, let cool slightly, and, while warm, toss with the spice mixture.
- Assemble the salad with the spinach and half of the roasted squash. Drizzle with ⅓ of the dressing, toss lightly, then add the remaining squash, goat cheese, craisins and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with more dressing as desired. Serve immediately.